Sunday, June 3, 2012

Welcome :)

Welcome to my blog!
First off, I have been playing the violin for 6 1/2 years. I have also been playing the piano for about 9 years, which has allowed me the ability to transpose music for the bass clef, although I play the violin more frequently than I do the piano. I recently learned how to transpose music for alto clef, so I'm not as adept at it as I would be for the treble or bass clef. I like listening to any kind of instrument (except maybe the bagpipes, but really, does anyone  like listening to the bagpipes?), but my favorite instrument to listen to is the piano (although I enjoy playing the violin more). It is very inspiring to see/hear musicians play with such feeling and emotion.
Anyway...
This blog is dedicated to transposing music, mostly for the violin. It usually takes me a couple days to a couple of weeks to transpose a song, depending on the difficulty of the rhythm and how busy I am. I take requests. I am not always 100% correct, but I will try my best to make it sound like the original song.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask ;)

19 comments:

  1. Can you please do Baby by Justin Bieber? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please do Limelight by Rush? Or possibly A Day in the Life by The Beatles? Thank you so so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard either of those songs, but I'll check them out and see what I can do!

      Delete
  3. Could you please do Nothing Gonna Change My Love by George Benson for violin and When You Tell Me That You Love Me by Westlife for piano/violin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely hope to transcribe more sheet music this summer so I will look into those songs :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what program do you use for writing your sheet music?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Finale Notepad. It has limited functions, but it's free and does its job pretty well :)

      Delete
  6. Also, do more panic! at the disco, like this is gospel, hallelujah, or something from their new album Death of a bachelor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Can you do Hallelujah by rufus wainwright?

    Thank you - I appreciate your simple sheet music of violin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fallon! I just posted a quick transcription of Hallelujah. Sorry it took so long, I hope you like it! And I appreciate your appreciation :)

      Delete
  8. Also, can you do Cry me a River by Juston Timberlake?

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. could you please do chasing cars?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you do Lily by Allen Walker for the violin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sorry, I know this comment is almost a year-old but here is the sheet music: http://transposeme.blogspot.com/2020/11/lily-by-alan-walker-k-391-and-emelie.html . Hope you were able to find something else in between then and now but if not here you go lol

      Delete
  11. Going to give Demons ago ... many thanks Georgie

    ReplyDelete